Sunday 13 August 2017

Ambassador of failure

It is easy to talk about failure when you have become successful. There are 90% of us who are still struggling even though we went through many or most such situations in life. Here in my blog, I want to tell you my side of being a failure.

Most time in my life I didn't know how to fail until I was in my mid to late 30's. There was no challenge hard enough for me. But since 2010 my success began to take a deep dive. Within no time things began to change in my life. Once I was a consultant to many start-ups and suddenly everything I knew about business does not work on my own businesses.  My advice works for others though. It's like, if I touch a gold, it turns to ashes immediately.

In most people's lives, when S**** hit the ceiling, no one can do anything for you anymore. Everyone once admired you will stay away from you. In those moment most people are left lonely to enjoy the silent depression. But some fights through to survive. Most of us turn to many things such as hidden secret of success, spirituality and so on. In my case, I was in debt beyond my imaginations. I had lost everything including my family life. I had no reason to carry on with this pain. One fine day at the early stage of my struggle, someone came and convinced me to join him in a very old but a historic site of Dubai, where most retired elders sit around to pass their time. When I met few people there and heard their stories, I begin to rethink about everything. In fact, some of them had worst situation in life and yet they lived to see today. I realized life with money problem is not really a problem. Yes, it is a little bit of a struggle in life without money but it is curable. What is not curable is your permanent health problem, family, betrayal etc.

I was so amazed at different stories from the elders there. I went for few weeks to meet them and this gave me the courage to stand again. By this time I had no more luxury of life. I was on my foot. I borrowed a little money from my brother to buy a trolly bag and a city bus card. I started my journey to get back again in the market. In the matters of 2 years, I managed to sort 90% of my problems and financial issues which were around USD 600K. I couldn't believe it how everything changed in my life. But strange thing is, in past, I used to achieve impossible with less or no effort. But now to achieve half or less of what I had, my efforts are endless. I was constantly on the go. I was caught up with this question. Why? What am I doing differently now? I had re-started my business with different investments in sectors of my event industry. Every time the investment keeps failing. Since 2011, until now I have invested in around 7 businesses in different cities and countries. Besides my very first business setup, which is eventually paying for all other failed businesses, all other business had failed. Someone told me, why don't I stick to one business since I am failing every time? After 2009 recession, I had lost certainty that if this business would ever survive in a long run. Keeping in mind this is only 6-7 months revenue generating business per year. As the age grows, the energy level to run day & night would be compromised. The thing is, I have a goal. I have a dream ever since I started my business. I implied every tactic I came across in books, from a business coach but nothing works. I begin to search for answers and till now I am looking.

I am sure I will find the answer. As a failure, I want to tell everyone who is in similar situations, don't worry about the failures of your life. No matter what you face in life, the life will go on. When your life will end, you won't know it anyway. I was told by a wise guy when you feel you have reached the end of your effort, don't give up. You might be close to your destiny.

Recently, someone told me, No matter what you do in life, you will only have what you meant to have in your current position of life. If you want to change things in your life, you must change your current life. Means, get out of the comfort zone. This reminds me of my time when I started to get back in the business. That time I had lost my life comfort. I was in a condition I could never imagine. But that struggle brought me to here. I learned a lot along the way. I sometimes wish, I had these lessons earlier. My current comfort zone is my family. That's why it is a tough decision to make. In fact, I have to find another way around my family. Cause no matter what, family comes first. Cause my financial success is not just for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment